Warwickshire Police are highlighting local business owners in relation to arrangements and contingencies in the event of civil disorder in your area. We felt this may be of use to all of our customers, locally, and nationally. “Currently there is no intelligence to suggest that Warwickshire, in particular, is to be targeted, however the spontaneous and criminal nature of recent disorder across the country often involving just a few offenders make any predictions uncertain”.
“Local police teams are contacting retail businesses and facility managers to offer precautionary advice to ensure your premises are as resilient as possible in the unlikely event of civil disorder. The police will be giving particular attention to any vulnerable or attractive retail premises in our Towns, particularly those that include technology, phone shops, jewelers, those with cash machines and especially with residential premises attached”.
Things to consider:-
- Up date key holder list and staff contact details
- Check Fire Prevention procedures and removal of combustible material
- Secure valuable stock and remove from view out of hours
- Report community intelligence and or suspicious activity
- Exchange contact details with local neighbours and residents
- Clear signage that your premises have CCTV
- Never put yourself in position where you are likely to get hurt.
we hope this may prove of use to you.