Following an unprecedented number of enquiries this week, and in preparation for changes that may need to take place if the country goes into lockdown, we wanted to make you aware of what we hope will prove some useful information, as of Wednesday 18th March 2020.
Office Resource & Getting Support
As things stand as of 18th March 2020, our business is operating as near to normal as we can, notwithstanding the large volume of enquiries about this pandemic.
However, should we need to close our offices following government guidelines, then we will not be able to support our clients in the same way as we usually do. In this situation, the special measures detailed below will be put in place.
Client support is of the highest importance to us and we will do everything we can to continue our work remotely. To ensure that you are still able to process your insurance needs, please could we ask you to do the following:
- New Claims – Contact your insurer directly using the claims helpline number detailed in your Insurance schedule / policy wording if you need to report a new claim or require urgent assistance
- To manage any adjustments for vehicle changes, or premises, contents etc, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This will ensure that the information you send is date stamped and you will essentially transfer the virtual risk to us as the broker. We will then manage this with insurers who will honour this instruction from the date of your email if we cannot get access to our usual trading portals online
- New Quotations – please call your account manager or email them directly, or to email@example.com
- Meetings – we will now conduct review meetings remotely by telephone. If you need to contact Irvine for anything else, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- More details can be found in your policy schedule in regards to helplines, out of hours numbers, and details of your cover and sums insured
Unoccupancy of your Premises – UK Lockdown – Safety & Security
If you are not able to occupy your business premises on a daily basis due to these events, then protecting your property is of prime importance.
It is vital that you ensure all burglar alarms are activated and all points of access are locked. For all information relating to unoccupied premises, Aviva has produced a guide on how to protect business premises if they’re unoccupied due to a UK lockdown, and all customers are being sent an email with this document attached for their reference.
At Irvine, we will do our best to keep you updated as much as we can with any developments relating to our office support or your insurance.
We hope that this information proves of some use for now.
Please try to stay safe, and we hope, together and as a country, we can prevail through these challenging and unprecedented times. Good luck to you all.